On behalf of the Tulare County Board of Education and the Tulare County College Night Committee, I want to thank you for your interest in the Tulare County College Night Scholarship.
This program has been founded on the core value of the College Night event.
For more than 30 years, Tulare County College Night has afforded students ongoing access to information on higher education, college financing, academic testing and more.
So, too, the Tulare County College Night Scholarship provides recipients with ongoing access to a college or university by renewing itself for up to four consecutive years.
The Tulare County College Night Scholarship is designed to reward students who demonstrate both academic and personal success.
We want to hear about the challenges you have encountered, your accomplishments in and out of the classroom and your professional goals.
It is our objective to assist students – who possess fine academic credentials, creativity, initiative and vision – along the path to a four-year degree.
Thank you again for applying for the 13th Annual Tulare County College Night Scholarship.
We wish you much success as you pursue your degree.
Along the way, if we can help with information on continuing your education, please contact us!
Jim Vidak, Tulare County Superintendent of Schools
Tulare County Office of Education College Night Committee is proud to offer a $1,000 scholarship, renewable for up to four consecutive years.
Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
- 2019 Graduate of a Tulare County High School
- Possess 3.0 cumulative High School GPA
- Exhibit exceptional leadership skills, service involvement, and financial need
- Plan to attend an accredited community college or university as a full-time student (12 units or more), for four consecutive years beginning the 2019-2020 academic year
- Participate in College Night Scholarship interview on April 25, 2019 (nine finalists only)
Your completed application must include the following:
- Completed ONLINE Application (Mailed Applications will not be accepted.)
- Two Essays (max. 500 words each) - Click here to preview the essay prompts
- Two Academic Recommendations - Teachers, Counselors, and/or Administrators
- You will submit an email address for each individual that will be providing an academic recommendation for you. They will receive an email with a form to complete online.
- Official high school transcripts postmarked by March 1, 2019, mail to College Night Scholarship, Tulare County Office of Education, P.O. Box 5091, Visalia, CA 93278
- You are responsible for contacting your school and requesting that they mail the transcripts.
Download the College Night Scholarship Application worksheet here to prepare your application in advance.
This worksheet will NOT be accepted if mailed in, you must complete the application online to be considered for the scholarship.
Only begin entering data if you possess all required information. You will not be able to refresh or hit the back button once you click “Apply,” otherwise all information will be lost.
Once you have completed the application and clicked “Submit,” you will receive a confirmation email with your application ID# and a link to check the status of your
application to ensure our office has received your transcripts and responses to your two academic recommendations.
We highly recommended that you continue to monitor your application
status until you see a green checkmark next to each item listed. YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE REVIEWED UNTIL ALL ITEMS HAVE A GREEN CHECKMARK.
Scholarship application submission MUST be completed by March 1, 2019
Members of the TCOE College Night Planning Committee, Employees of Tulare County Office of Education and members of their families are not eligible to apply.