On behalf of the Tulare County Board of Education and the Tulare County College Night Committee, I want to thank you for your interest in the Tulare County College Night Scholarship.
This program has been founded on the core value of the College Night event.
For more than 30 years, Tulare County College Night has afforded students ongoing access to information on higher education, college financing, academic testing and more.
So, too, the Tulare County College Night Scholarship provides recipients with ongoing access to a college or university by renewing itself for up to four consecutive years.
The Tulare County College Night Scholarship is designed to reward students who demonstrate both academic and personal success.
We want to hear about the challenges you have encountered, your accomplishments in and out of the classroom and your professional goals.
It is our objective to assist students – who possess fine academic credentials, creativity, initiative and vision – along the path to a four-year degree.
Thank you again for applying for the 12th Annual Tulare County College Night Scholarship.
We wish you much success as you pursue your degree.
Along the way, if we can help with information on continuing your education, please contact us!
Jim Vidak, Tulare County Superintendent of Schools
Tulare County Office of Education College Night Committee is proud to offer a $1,000 scholarship, renewable for up to four consecutive years.
Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
- 2018 Graduate of a Tulare County High School
- Possess 3.0 cumulative High School GPA
- Exhibit exceptional leadership skills, service involvement, and financial need
- Plan to attend an accredited college/university as a full-time student (12 units or more), for four consecutive years beginning the 2018-2019 academic year
- Participate in College Night Scholarship interview on April 26, 2018 (nine finalists only)
Your completed application must include the following:
- Completed Application
- Completed Extracurricular Activities and Honors worksheet
- Two Essays (max. 500 words each) - Click here to preview the essay prompts
- Two Academic Recommendations - Teachers, Counselors, and/or Administrators
- Official high school transcripts - Mail to College Night Scholarship, Tulare County Office of Education, P.O. Box 5091, Visalia, CA 93278-5091, Postmarked by March 1, 2018
Download the College Night Scholarship Worksheet here to prepare your application:
Note: You may not refresh or hit the back button once you click "Apply," otherwise, all information will be lost. Only begin entering data if you possess all required information.
Scholarship application submission must be completed by March 1, 2018
Members of the TCOE College Night Planning Committe, Employees of Tulare County Office of Education and members of their families are not eligible to apply.